Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy issues...

From: Jon Newman <jnewman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:13:54 -0500 (CDT)

I even tried redirecting a non-specific port to google.com's port 80, and
still no success:
root@filter:~# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s 0/0 --dport 10000
-j DNAT --to 64.233.187.104:80
root@filter:~# telnet 127.0.0.1 10000
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
root@filter:~# telnet 64.233.187.104 80
Trying 64.233.187.104...
Connected to 64.233.187.104.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.

So as you can see, redirection, does not work however direct connection
does. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Jon

--