[squid-users] Authentication with NCSA

From: marius <mjm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:42:45 +0200

Hi

I am trying to configure my squid for authentication. I don't know how to
install/configure the auth_modules NCSA.

I have tried in following the steps as follow
tar zxvf squid-2.5.STABLE5.tar.gz
cd squid-2.5.STABLE5
./configure --prefix=/etc/squid
make
cd auth_modules/NCSA (Couldn't find the directory so I went to the
helpers/basic_auth/NCSA directory)
make
cp ncsa_auth /usr/lib/squid/

I have already created the passwd file by using the htpasswd command.

In my squid.conf I have added these lines:
acl password proxy_auth "/etc/squid/passwd"
http_access allow password
auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/passwd

As soon as I start squid I get error messages like this one
IGNORING: Proxy Auth ACL 'acl password proxy_auth "/etc/squid/passwd"'
because no authentication schemes are fully configured.
This is when I realized that the ncsa_auth module is either not installed or
not configured.

PS: I am running squid Version 2.5.STABLE1

Thanks for any help regarding this.