[squid-users] Using squid and SSL

From: Lars Mueller <lm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:11:27 +0200

Hi,

We are running into problems using the Internet Explorer and SSL when
connecting to an application server behind a proxy-server set up with Squid
2.5. The SSL-connection is done using an applet loaded into the Sun Java
Plugin. Everything works fine using either the Java Plugin with one of the
versions of Mozilla or not using the proxy at all.

For every post request being made from the applet a new SSL-connection is
set up to the server. This usually works just fine. Using the combination of
proxy and MSIE causes problems after reloading the applet. Then only the
first two requests are being sent and appear not to contain any data other
than the HTTP-header when reaching the appserver.

Since I am really stuck with that, maybe you guys got an idea what could be
reason for all this.

Thanks
Lars Mueller