Re: [squid-users] Fedora & wccp

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:23:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Omnia Ibrahem wrote:

> Thanx for reply henrik
>
> wccp version 1 or 2 no problem
> but u said that i have to setup up GRE tunnel on the proxy server but i still
> dont know how to do that on fedora.
>
> i already configured my cisco router to recieve gre

This is not needed and should not be done.

> as it was working with
> other server using redhat 9 and i configugred wccp by compiling its module
> and using commands insmod ip_wccp and insmod ip_gre ,

You can only load one of ip_wccp or ip_gre at the time.

> but i know its different in fedora so i couldnt deal with it

No, it isn't.

The only difference is that for Linux-2.6.9 or later ip_gre supports WCCP,
provided you set up the proper GRE tunnel to accept the WCCP packets sent
to you by the router.

GRE tunnels are created by the "ip tunnel" command.

Try the following:

   modprobe ip_gre
   ip tunnel add wccp mode gre remote ip.of.your.router dev ethX
   ip link set wccp up

where ip.of.your.router is the IP of your router and ethX is the interface
where the WCCP packets from the router will be seen.