Re: [squid-users] query cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:28:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Peter Marshall wrote:

> I know to remover something from your cache, you do
> squidclient -p PORT -m PURGE http://www.url.com
>
> however, when I give htat command for http://www.google.com or
> http://www.google.ca, it comes back and says Not Found. I know it is in the
> cache, as I am not getting the new google image this morning.

PURGE is on a per exact URL as seen in access.log, not a whole site.

If you use Reload then you should get the new content, unless you have set
Squid to violate the standards...

   - Intransparent Interception, violating TCP/IP
   - Any of the reload overrides in squid.conf, violates HTTP.

> How do I search the cache to see what is there. Or is there a better method
> to find this solution?

There is a purge tool to automate this. See Related Software.