Re: [squid-users] RPM help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:23:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, ansari imtiyaz ahmed khadim husain wrote:

> I am using Fedora Core 1.

Then it is time to start planning upgrade as Fedora Core 1 is no longer
actively maintained by the Fedora project.

> I have source code of squid-2.5 and I want to create an RPM for it
>
> enabling certain features like (--enable-arp-acl and
>
> --enable-delay-pool).
>
> How can I make the RPM for this requirement from source code ?

Grab the latest src.rpm for Fedora from Fedore Development, install it and
modify the spec file to suit your needs (see /usr/src/ after installing
the src rpm). Then run "rpmbuild -ba squid.spec" to rebuild the binary
rpm.

Remember to update the release number to differ the package from the
Fedora released package. Adding a .netcore1 or something to the release
number is recommended.