Re: [squid-users] Squid Log Analysis Suggestions

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:08:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Bob Morrison wrote:

> Hello
>
> I need a very easy way to log what user accesses what URL including date and
> time of access.

Squid's access log satisfies your stated requirement. It provides the
date and time of each access, the IP address or domain name of the system
used, the user name if required by the web site, method, URL, etc.

> To make things a little harder, I do not want to install
> Apache on the server. But I won't mind FTP'ing the results to my PC and
> look at them with a browser if that's what it takes. I've looked at
> Calamaris, Webalizer and SARG but can't find what I need.

Squid's access log con be viewed in situ or ftp'ed to your workstation for
viewing. No need to install a web server.

Webalizer is primarily concerned with the volume of activity. I looked at
SARG but can't recall why I didn't like it. Calamaris seemed to have more
of what I was looking for at the time but required modification to make it
more useful for my purposes. The big problem was the horizontal width of
the tables. Too many redundant columns of information.

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard
VERSION:			3.0