[squid-users] Delay_pool related question

From: Wennie V. Lagmay <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:51:23 +0300

Hello all,

For example I have 16000 bytes of bandwidth connection to the internet and
10/100 Mbps connection to LAN. Also let us say I have 17 workstations each
one is given 1000 bytes strick bandwidth using delay_pools. My questions:
What will happen to the bandwidth distribution if the 17 users access the
internet at the same time? Is the 16000 bytes of bandwidth will
automatically divided into 17 workstations, and is it equally divided?

How can I implement such rule that every workstion has a commited rate of
900 bytes, but if there's only few who's using the bandwidth (let say 5
workstation) they can access the net around 1500 bytes?

Thank you very much,

Wennie