RE: [squid-users] NUMTHREADS

From: Lewars, Mitchell \(EM, PTL\) <mitchell.lewars@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:10:41 -0400

The clients are getting the standard error page telling them Squid could not get the page, they wait and hit refresh and it works.

My old Netscape proxy required the following:
magnus.conf:
MaxProcs 384
ProcessLife 256

During our peak usage, I want to make sure that people aren't being denied outbound access due to the number of available proxy threads.

Apparently, I misunderstoof NUMTHREADS for the number of available connections for clients.

We do have some clients that require their connections to stay active for long periods of time (online training).

Help?

-Mitch