Re: [squid-users] unlined used 99% CPU

From: Michael Wray <mwray@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:35:08 -0500

A common problem that will cause this is configureing your cache size to be
the same as available HD space, but good practice says you should leave more
space than is needed available. And cache should be on it's own partition,
so that it's not competing with anything like /var/log and /tmp for the free
space.

With my cache on it's own partition my rule of thumb is the partition should
be at least 15% larger than the specified cache size.

If it's too late to separate it out, I would say that you need to pad in for
space needed by other file systems sharing the partition, so the numbers will
vary depending on what you have installed, and how much space is free on the
drive, how often your logs are rotated, etc...