[squid-users] Problem downloading large files through squid

From: Philipp Nyffenegger <philipp.nyffenegger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:57:45 +0200

Hi list,
why can't i download the a file like :
http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/iso/FC3-i386-DVD.iso
with a size of 2.3 GB, while there is no problem with downloading
another file from the same directory like this :
http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/iso/FC3-i386-disc1.iso
?

The latter one is a normal CD-ISO Image and the first is a DVD-ISO
Image the DVD is much bigger than the CD. I firts thought of a
filesystem limitation, so i wrote a no_cache directive, which did not
help. I asume there is a limitation on the filesize. I found an
Article covering a similar topic (Filesize) but with FTP and not
HTTP.

How can i let my users downloading such large files without bypassing
squid ? When i route the request through Viruswall directly instead of
Squid, it works fine. I just have no clue on how i can route request
for large files directly to the viruswall instead of the squid.

Is there a patch or a compile option for letting squid support large files.

Configuration :
OS : Fedora Core 3 Linux
Squid : 2.5.STABLE6

The Trendmicro Viruswall is configured as a parent to the squid.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
Philipp