[squid-users] FC3+WCCP+IOS12.1

From: Danish Khan <danish.khan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:31:34 +0500

Hie henrik

I have caught in a troubled water, details are as under:

I have installed FC3 consisted on 2.6.9 kernel version with squid 2.5 stable
7. Till here things are fine and working. Now I enable wccp support in squid
defining wccp router and version "4". My router has IOS Version 12.1(9)E3
which after my configuration on squid shows the cache associated with that.
Moreover as I read from ur posts that kernel 2.6 has a builtin support for
wccp module so I just need to create a gre tunnel which I did as follows:

/etc/rc.local

#Gre tunneling

modprobe ip_gre

ip tunnel add wccp mode gre remote 203.81.204.33 local 203.81.204.22 dev
eth0

ip link set wccp up

After all this, squid works fine, router selects cache, redirect data but
after that sometimes it says redirect denied and some time unassigned
packets. So kindly suggest me that what I do, whether my kernel is not
supporting wccp or there is something wrong with IOS version I m really in
big trouble .