[squid-users] SquidNT service: new start problems

From: <eupec@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Apr 2005 19:24:35 -0000

Hi all,
      SquidNT sometimes won't start, apparently with no reasons: this happens when we power on and boot our server...the service is set as "Auto"; no errors occurred in the Event Viewer (it not starts at all, so I think it's normal). The squidNT service was configured with -O -D options to avoid the initial DNS check, and just sometimes fails to start automatically: in this case, I have to manually start the service and then SquidNT works as expected. How can I track down this annoying and *strange* problem? I think is not so simply, because if squidNT fails to start, ok, I look in the logfiles/event viewer and I see the reason of the failure, but if the service is not started at all...

My server: QDI P4 1.7 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 2 hd SCSI 10 krpm in raid1, 2 reltek nics, Windows 2000 server SP4, patched with all the "important" hotfixes post SP4. The server is also a PDC.

SquidNT version is 2.5 stable9.

Eupec.

Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/