Re: [squid-users] Squid authentication query

From: squidrunner team <squidrunner_dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

> kind of setup I cannot identify the the user of the
> Ip at specific time
> since we are using DHCP. My question can I use squid
> authentication to
> identify the specific user of the net based on user
> ID? If it's yes Do I

You can handle this with two types of way as,

1> controlling your single network with MAC Address.
--enable-arp-acl in compilation.

> need to install my sql or the squid it self can
> handle the authentication?
> Am I going to define the username and password or
> the client can define it
> by them self?

2> By enabling authentication modules like, NCSA,
LDAP, My SQL etc. It has to return OK or ERR to
process further for web content fetching.

Best Regards,
Squid Runner Team
squidrunner_dev at yahoo dot com

SquidRunner - An Automatic Squid Builder
Web: http://freshmeat.net/projects/squidrunner/
Support: runnersupport at gmail dot com