Re: [squid-users] External Acl type ...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:07:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, ansari imtiyaz ahmed khadim husain wrote:

> Has anyone used external acl type "squid_ldap_match".

Yes.. is't current name is squid_ldap_group and is distributed with Squid.

> I want to know the steps involved in implementing it.

1. Define the required external_acl_type telling Squid how to use the
helper (see squid_ldap_group manual). It helps a lot if you have your
squid_ldap_auth settings next to you when doing this as the two shares a
lot. You also need to know how groups are implemented in your LDAP
directory.

2. Define ACLs for the groups you want to match.

3. Use the ACLs in http_access to give each group the desired level of
access.

> I want to know how to create groups in ldap so as to use it.

There is very many ways to create groups in LDAP. The most common is to
use groupOfNames whith the DNs of each user as member.

    -F [from squid_ldap_auth -f] -f "(&(objectClass=groupOfNames)(cn=%g)(member=%u))"