RE: [squid-users] IIS 6.0 and cachemgr.cgi issue

From: Jeroen DEMETS - SAVACO <jeroen.demets@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:16:12 +0200

>>I've tried again on another IIS 6.0 on another server but still the
same
>>error. I do think that you also changed the document tab to have
>>cachemgr.cgi in it? Maybe that's the difference? I had to enable a
>>default content page and set cachemgr.cgi there. You didn't have to?
>
>No, I don't have set this, but I think that it should not be the
difference.

Makes no difference indeed, I disabled the default contentpage and
browsed directly to cachemgr.cgi with same error after logging on

>What user do you use to login on IIS ? It seems that it must have
>administrators privilege to allow cachemgr to run.

Yep, that's it!

I first used IE to browse to the page and this browser can use
integrated authentication towards the webpage. IE automatically
authenticated me on the loginpage for cachemgr as a non-admin-user.

I disabled integrated authentication and allowed only basic. It appears
that only administrators can access the page.

I will configure Squid to only allow access from the localhost as basic
authentication isn't really safe.

Thanks for helping out!

Kind regards,
Jeroen.