Re: [squid-users] Deny media

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:44:29 +0200

On 25.04 03:53, squidrunner team wrote:
> You can control this with acl types as,

It will not work, unless your users are not skilled a bit.

> acl block urlpath_regex \.mp3$ \.wav$ \.mpeg$
> acl vip src ip-ranges..
> acl pro src ip-range
> acl normal src ip-range
>
> http_access allow vip block
> http_access allow pro block
> http_access deny normal block

I've seen requests for help in this list, for cases where users just tried
to download prograsm .exe? and it worked.

That could probably be fixes with regexp's \/mp3? \.wav? \.mpeg?
which again can be avoided by trying to download .mp3/bulktext
(deny \.mp3/ etc, or join it to \.mp3[?\])...

however people still can download files with extensions you do not
specify (renamed or other types, .ogg for example)

Trying mime types won't help too, because many servers have broken mime
tables.

I'm afraid the only way how to really deny people from downloading such
files, is applying content-filter

One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them