Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy & No Caching

From: <vangelr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:14:54 +0800 (WST)

I will give that a shot. I will have to wait until tomorrow though before
I know if it works or not because of the time now (18:10) and noone left
there (I am having to do everything remotely).

dev singh said:
> Hi robert,
>
> Ur acl's tells that ur network ip are of 10.0.0.0 and 10.0.30.0 network
i m running squid 2.5 stable , i also had same problem , when u use
squid in transparent mode u hav to reroute the requests from 80 to 8080
or 3128 what soever port u r running squid , when i define my network
ips in squid.conf it was not caching i removed my network ips from acl's
and allowed all , than it started working quite fine
> showing me lots of TCP_HIT.
>
> U can try this , it is quite better .and u can change ips netime without
making ne changes on client side. Coz in transparent proxy u don hav to
specify the proxy settings in ur browser u just hav to specify the
gateway in the clients TCP/Ip properties.