RE: [squid-users] Httpd Accelerator

From: Jon <jonsml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:27:38 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas [mailto:uhlar@fantomas.sk]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 2:57 AM
To: Squid Users
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Httpd Accelerator

On 26.04 21:01, Jon wrote:
> I've been using Squid for a couple of months as a server accelerator and
it
> was great. But recently our site traffic has increased. Now I'm having
> issues where Squid would exit and restart back up during heavy load. At
most
> it could serve out ~84 Mbps before it crashes. My server has 4 GB of RAM;
> tweaked the kernel for message queues, shared memory, increased
nmbclusters
> and file descriptors. Is there other settings I can tune to increase its
> performance? I know my description is a little vague but I'll be happy to
> submit my setting if anyone is interested. Maybe it has reached the limit
> and I need to add another squid?

What is your cache_mem setting and maximum_object_size_in_memory?
what memory replacement policy do you use?
Do you use disk cache? If so, what disk layout do you use, what storage
system
and what is your maximum_object size and disk replacement policy?

cache_mem 512 MB
maximum_object_size_in_memory 1024 KB
maximum_object_size 2048 KB
cache_replacement_policy heap GDSF
memory_replacement_policy heap GDSF

I use diskd with 3 cache directories on a RAID 0

Thanks,

Jon