[squid-users] DNS suffix searching and parent proxy

From: Tim Bates <tin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:40:21 +1000

Hi.

I have a local fake domain set up, and I also need to make squid use a
parent proxy. The problem Im getting is that the "search" option in
resolv.conf seems to be ignored if a parent proxy is configured. If I
try to access a host using just it's name without the domain, it
forwards to the parent. If I put the full domain, it doesnt since I have
a "always_direct allow <local domain acl name>".

I could simply create a new acl containing all the local server names,
but that would be pretty ugly and not very easy to keep in sync with the
DNS records.

Can I make squid do a DNS lookup including the suffix search to
determine if it's local first? If I can how. If I can't, any hints on
how to make it work?

Tim Bates