[squid-users] NTLM Authentication and redirecting some users

From: Marcin Wasilewski <marcinwasilewski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:09:18 +0200

Hello,

I am using SQUID with NTLM auth for my W2K users.
All the users are listed in one file and in the squid.conf I use:
acl myusers proxy_auth_regex -i "/etc/squid/users"
http_access allow myusers
http_access deny all

it works fine.

I want to do something like that:
Some users need to be redirected to my Intranet site when they try to visit
any Web site.
I tried to do something like this above the previous rule:
acl redi proxy_auth_regex -i "/etc/squid/users_redirect.txt"
deny_info ERR_NO_REDI redi
http_access deny redi

and in the ERR_NO_REDI page I wrote:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="1; URL=http://host/myintranetsite.html">

It works but...
When the user which is on the users_redirect.txt list opens the browser the
authentication windows appear. If the ESC key is pressed rest of rule is
working properly.

Do you know a better way to help me solve the problem?
Best regards
Marcin