Re: [squid-users] Feeding a file to squid's storage without intruping the squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 23:40:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005, Ali Nikneshan wrote:

> experimental protocol there), I want to transfer HOT OBJECT via this
> line and feed it to squid or another modified instance of squid which
> will be cache_peer to the main squid.

To me it sounds like it would be easier for you if this was not a Squid
but just a simple HTTP server designed for the purpose coupled with a
simple ICP server. Both knowing your hot object scheme.

But if you want to use Squid then I would suggest looking into the
PushCache modified version of Squid.

   http://devel.squid-cache.org/
   http://www.pushcache.com/