AW: [squid-users] Password procted pages and cache

From: Matthias Wessendorf <mwessendorf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 18:07:13 +0200

I found that tutorial on web:
http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

I saw inside that I have to use in HTTP header

Cache-Control: public, no-cache

to be able to authenticate AND cache my protected pages.

However, I wrote a (Servlet) Filter that each response to my PDF files
returns with that Header, but Squid doesn't save that files on disk.

After I removed my HTTP Basic authentication mode, I saw that PDF files are saved
to my local disk.

Has anybody a hint on this *tricky* topic for me?

Thanks again.

-Matthias