[squid-users] sharepoint over ldap

From: Tomas Palfi <tpalfi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 14:41:36 +0100

To all,

We are extensively using an ldap external authentication against AD on
production servers, however, recently we encountered a problem with
authenticating to sharepoint via http whilst going through squid. After
we authenticated via ldap against our local AD server, we get prompted
for login name and passwd to the sharepoint. I have opened the port
that servers sharepoint in the squid.conf, however, nothing happens and
this is the message we get:

1115386408.228 350 x.x.x.x TCP_MISS/401 2018 GET
http://www.phoenix-offer.nl/ tompalfi DIRECT/x.x.x.x text/html

We have found that there are some fundamental problems with the ntlm
authentication, but does this apply to ldap as well. I am running
squid2.5-STABLE4

thanks

--
tp