[squid-users] OWA problems

From: Dylan Carruthers <duckmannz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 23:19:30 +1200

Hi,

I know that the MS Exchange problem has been done to death but I'm having
trouble with our system and cannot find a solution in the mail archive or on
google.com

Running RedHat 7 (2.2.22-7.0.3) with squid 2.4.STABLE6

We have squid running as a transparent proxy server that uses a redirector
process to verify that the incoming IP is enrolled. This works fine but
we're getting more and more (misconfigured) OWA servers that use http
instead of https making the requests go through squid instead of being
direct. I have had to increase the number of redirectors to 32 to cope with
whatever the exchange gateways are doing but unless we actually get the user
to by-pass the squid cache completely the user can kind-of login but is
asked to re-login all the time until they are eventually denied.

There are no errors in the cache or access logs (e.g. extension_methods
problem) so I'm stumped!

Finally my real question: Is there a way to stop squid from being a proxy
for certain addresses, such as an acl of
acl to_exchange urlpath_regex /exchange

Thanks in advance!

Dylan