Re: [squid-users] Getting valid ip address thru browser

From: Kevin <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 19:26:24 -0500

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Will show the actual public Internet source IP address which
originated the TCP session towards the remote server. From
behind a squid proxy, this will be the public source IP address
of the proxy, not the private address of your workstation.

It is possible (but rare) for a proxy to spoof requests as if they
actually originated from the client's address. Usually if you
see the client workstations IP address when accessing a
site like this, it is because the client isn't passing through a
proxy server, or because somebody went to extreme effort to
give that appearance.

Kevin Kadow