[squid-users] Forwarding loop messages

From: Brett Simpson <Simpsonb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:53:27 -0400

I'm using Squid to forward requests to Dansguardian as a parent cache peer. Then Dansguardian forwards the request back to the same Squid so I can get back out to the internet. This works when I use an always_direct allow localhost to avoid a routing loop between Squid and Dansguardian.

However for every site I visit I get a WARNING forwarded loop detected in my cache logs. It's functional though.

If I use always_direct shoudn't it bypass the cache altogethor for the specific acl?

Is there a way I can tell squid to not log these messages for this specific acl?

Thanks,
Brett