Re: [squid-users] Images not loading: access denied?

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:55:39 +0200

Dear list,

I need some help for deploying a second uplink.

My setup is a simple:
A squid-backed to which users connect to use the net.
This squid forwards all traffic to a parent squid which is hooked up to
an ADSL-line. Works perfect.

But now we will get a second a line as we need more bandwith. The
question is: What is the easiest and proven way to realise load balancing?

I have done some experiments with round-robin parents (2 adsl line = 2
parent proxies) but apparently some web application such as some
webmail-services are confused if they accessed from two different
ip-addresses simultanously.

My next idea would be to deploy some sort of routing at the parent
squid, which would be hooked up to both lines. IMHO prone to errors.

I think I could setup two independent proxy chains (2 squid-backend, ech
connected to a parent squid connected to an adsl-line) and use the
proxy.pac for load-balancing. Sounds pretty easy, but I am not sure.

Any comments or suggestions?

Regards, Hendrik Voigtländer