Re: [squid-users] Squid/ldap authentication via Novell NDS

From: Daniel Lim <Daniel.Lim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:34:26 +1000

Thank you Henrik,
I got it working now after switching the squid_ldap_auth option from
(cn=%s) to (uid=%s)

Thank again,
Daniel

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Daniel Lim wrote:

> I am using Squid-2.5-STABLE7 as proxy on SLES 8 for users to
> authenticate the browser access to the internet, the password
> authentication works well until the Novell NDS changed to a new tree
> structure which I have also changed accordingly in the squid.conf.

Is this new tree set to allow plain text authentication?

From what I remember NDS is by default a little picky about plain text

authentication and requires the connection to be SSL encrypted..

I could not see anything obviously wrong in your configuration, but I
would recommend running squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group from the
command line to verify the functionality of each part.

Both also have a -d flag to make them a little more verbose about what

they are doing.

This email message, including any attached files, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.

The NSW Department of Commerce prohibits the right to publish,
copy, distribute or disclose any information contained in this email,
or its attachments, by any party other than the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

No employee or agent is authorised to conclude any binding
agreement on behalf of the NSW Department of Commerce by email. The views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Department,
except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of NSW Department of Commerce.

The NSW Department of Commerce accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email and recommends that the recipient check this email and any attached files for the presence of viruses.