Re: [squid-users] what is the max length for acl name?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:57:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Steve wrote:

> Just a very quick question: I wish to know what is the max length for a
> acl name

defines.h:#define ACL_NAME_SZ 32

> and also how long a single line can go in our configuration file?

globals.h:extern char config_input_line[BUFSIZ];

where BUFSIZ is operating system dependent, but usually around 8 KB (8192
characters).

All ACLs can be split on multiple lines if you need..

acl networks src ....
acl networks src ....

and you can also use the file include method to define an acl with very
many entries

acl networks src "/path/to/networks.txt"