[squid-users] traffic accounting

From: Chris Knipe <savage@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:14:00 +0200

Righty :)

I have my authenticator working.... I have my squid logs parsed and inserted
into MySQL real time... I have all the data that squid provides.

A couple of questions...

I know that squid will only make a entry in it's log file once a request has
been completed. This makes sense, as it is the most accurate way for squid
to log where the object came from, how big it is, and allot of other things
as well.

Now, are aborted downloads loged as well??? And most importaintly, how is
streaming audio / video handled???

Basically, it boils down to how accurate is access.log in regards to its
logging, and most importantly the size aspect in the log file for object?

Is there anything I need to be 'aware' of in regards to ensuring that my
access.log stays up to date and accurate? I'm not using buffered logs, and
I'm not resolving IP addresses either (to try speed things up). Anything
else???

--
Chris.
I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they