[squid-users] Squid + swap

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:07:58 +0200 (CEST)

I have a Squid process running on RedHat 3 ES (Taroon). The machine has 2
GB memory. At the moment, the Squid process is 418 MB large, but 200 MB of
this is in swap. Is this normal?

I have irregularly dips on the proxy, when the request rate and throughput
halves (from 200 req/s to slightly over 100, and from 1.2MB throughput to
0.7), and at the moment, the only thing that seems strange is the usage of
swap.

The swap space is really used by Squid: When I stop the proxy, swap space
is cleared.

Joost