[squid-users] Squid on AIX

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:27:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Does anyone have Squid running on AIX? The company I work for recently
took over managing the IT-infrastructure of a large company, and part of
that infrastructure were two squid's on AIX 5.1. The servers are currently
running Squid 2.4STABLE7, and I'd like to upgrade this to 2.5.

Some questions:
- In the FAQ, setting some environment vars for allowing more than 256 MB
memory are mentioned. However, in the (scarce) documentation I got from
the previous operator, I read that IBM told them that that doesn't always
work. Is this still the case?
- The old maintainer also mentioned that there were problems with
passwords with $ and other 'strange' characters in passwords when using
Squid 2.5 on AIX. These problems didn't occur on a Linux machine. Is this
a known issue? As authenticator scheme, squid_auth_rad is used.

Joost