Re: [squid-users] Virus question

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:20:26 +1200

From: "Ryan Lamberton" <ryan@familink.com>

> Is there a good (free?) virus scanner that works with squid? One of my
> users must have a virus and my data provider keeps telling me that I have
> a beagle virus:

Probably best to ensure that users have up-to-date anti-virus software
installed on their workstations, and that said workstations are patched.
Configure your email servers to block certain types of attachments. Educate
your staff. There is little excuse for virus infections in the Windows
environment these days with the amount of quality free/affordable anti-virus
scanners available for workstations

There is a list of sites that you can block that the virus attempts to
contact, but by then it's too late. The list will change with every variant.
The virus/worm (and most other worms) propagates via email, so it'd be a
good idea to have a scanner on incoming email servers.

Dietrich