[squid-users] Re: DNS lookup failure when transparent proxy

From: <johnsuth@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 14:52:44

On my Win XP Home clients, I expunged all traces of DNS (Disabled DNS client and server
services, and deleted IP addresses from DNS fields. There is no DNS on the internal LAN),
and Firefox still happily browses the web through Squid.

The DNS settings in squid.conf are default.

This suggests that DNS is a red herring.

John Sutherland
Phone & Fax +61 2 4683 1511
9 Meryla Street, Couridjah NSW 2571 Australia