[squid-users] ident_lookup and mandrake 10.1

From: James Sweet <James.Sweet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:21:39 +0100

hey all

Im currently running squid 2.5 stable 6 on mandrake 10.1 and want to make use of the ident lookup feature to track users by the logged on user name instead of their IP. I tried to configure this in the squid.conf file but when i restarted squid it gave me and error saying the it did not understand the ident function. I did a bit of digging and found out that the in the the version of squid that i have the ident lookup was disabled. (I am using the version of squid which came with Mandrake 10.1) Being fairly new to linux i am unsure of how to reconfigure squid with this option enabled as i dont know where the configure files are located. Could anyone help. do i have to download the source again and recomplie that with the option enabled in the configure file? or can i reconfigure the existing install to enable the ident lookup feature. I am looking for the method which will cause least disruption as the server needs to be up to handle requests.

thanks
james

This transmission and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the named addressee (s). If you are not the addressee, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this transmission and please notify us immediately by telephone on
+44 (0) 1670 594848 or by reply. Please then delete this transmission from your system.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from viruses, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient must ensure that they in fact are virus free.

No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Fone Logistics LTD by means of email communications.