[squid-users] Unparseable HTTP Headers

From: <TBUSHART@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:25:00 -0400

Hi

I'm having problems downloading from this exact link:

http://download.novell.com/givefile/FREE/_ligPqMqn0Y~/clnt491e.exe

Seems to be something with my squid.conf, but I can't figure out what.
The download works if I disable my proxy settings in either IE/Netscape
or Firefox and go direct, but if I reenable the proxy settings I get
the errors.. Has anyone run in to this? Thanks

Linux Enterprise AS 4.0
Squid-2.5.STABLE6-3.4E.5

The errors I get are listed as follows:

From my Cache Log:

}
2005/05/12 10:37:34| ctx: exit level 0
2005/05/12 10:37:34| ctx: enter level
0: 'http://download.novell.com/givefile/FREE/_ligPqMqn0Y~/clnt491e.exe'
2005/05/12 10:37:34| WARNING: unparseable HTTP header field near
{HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
}

Displayed in Browser:

ERROR

--------

While trying to process the request:

GET http://download.novell.com/givefile/FREE/_ligPqMqn0Y~/clnt491e.exe
HTTP/0.0

The following error was encountered:

Invalid Response
The HTTP Response message received from the contacted server could not
be understood or was otherwise malformed. Please contact the site
operator. Your cache administrator may be able to provide you with more
details about the exact nature of the problem if needed.