[squid-users] Instant Messenger access

From: Mario Maradiaga <mario.maradiaga@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:51:22 -0600 (CST)

Hey everyone,

The problem I have is the following, I've managed to block msn messenger
with the following acl-http_access combo:
.
.
.
acl msn req_mime_type =96i ^application/x-msn-messenger$
.
.
.
http_access deny msn

This works fine but the problem I have now is that I have to give access
to one computer to the MSN Messenger so I did the following changes:
.
.
acl canuse src ip_that_can_use_msn
acl msn req_mime_type =96i ^application/x-msn-messenger$
.
.
http_access allow msn canuse
http_access deny msn

I imagined that by putting the allow before the deny I wouldn't have any
problem but it doesn't seem to work, I tried the other way around and
nothing.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Regards,

Mario