Re: [squid-users] Re: squidNT compiling problem

From: John Walubengo <jwalu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 06:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

getting a precompiled binary is preferred for NT. That
sounds good, but where can I get it?

I also tried to compile Squid for Windows a few ago and ran
into a dead end. I was using something called Cygwin which
apparently 'prepares' the Win environment to run linux
commands (that was my understanding). But Cygwin installed
FOREVER on my XP machine and I abondoned it.

I would be glad to have a compiled Squid binary for
Windows. Joost over to u.

walu.
--- Joost de Heer <sanguis@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Kashif Ali Bukhari said:
> > fine
> > after instaliing gcc
> > now i am getting this msg
>
> > See `config.log' for more details.
>
> And what does 'config.log' say?
>
> Why do you want to compile SquidNT anyway? Getting a
> precompiled binary is
> much preferred for NT.
>
> Joost

Yahoo! Mail Mobile