RE: [squid-users] squid and SSL

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:02:39 -0800

If you are NATing incoming port 443 on your router to Squid, it seems to me
that setting a browser to use your router IP, port 443 as a proxy would
allow a computer outside of your lan to use your proxy. It would not
explicitly encrypt traffic between the "outside" computer like proxify does,
but doing so is a slightly more complex problem, and not related to Squid.

Chris