[squid-users] Squid in accelerator mode with ssl

From: David Lienhard <d.lienhard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:59:33 +0200

hi list.
i am currently using squid 2.5 on a suse server in the accelerator mode.

connections from the outside are coming with https and the traffic in
our network is http.
so its this way:
[client] =======> [squid] ======> [http server]
          https http

this works fine, but now we would like to have the internal traffic
also on https.
is it pissible, that the client uses the squids ssl certificate for
the encryption and the squid uses the http servers certivicate:
[client] =======> [squid] =======> [http server]
          https https

is that possible or do i have to use the connect method?

i hope it's more or less clear and somebody can help me.

regards,
david lienhard