Re: [squid-users] DNS Refresh

From: squidrunner support <squidrunner_dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 00:56:05 -0700 (PDT)

> While trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://www.yahoo.com/
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> Unable to determine IP address from host name for
> yahoo.com
> The dnsserver returned:

Squid server is not propely configured on DNS to
resolve hostname into ip-address. You can check as,

ping yahoo.com

it has to check ping with ip-address translation.
Configure /etc/nsswitch.conf hosts: entry with files
dns and configure /etc/resolv.conf file correcly with
available dns server.

> If I press ctrl+f5 then it works fine. What could be
> the issue?

It is directly getting from source server with out
using squid.

Best Regards,
Squid Runner Support
squidrunner_dev at yahoo dot com

Web: http://geocities.com/squidrunner_dev/
Support: runnersupport at gmail dot com

SquidRunner - An Automatic Squid Builder