RE: [squid-users] Re: Accelarator

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:07:50 -0800

Squid acting as an accelerator is meant for caching requests TO one
particular website (i.e. Squid handles requests for a computationally
intensive website, thereby reducing load on the webserver). As and example,
wikipedia.org has several Squid servers caching requests for their dynamic
pages.

As a caching server, Squid should already be improving your client's
experience.