[squid-users] Advise on response time on custom logformat and duration in native log

From: squid squid <squidusr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:53:42 +0800

My setup in an Intranet environment is as follows:

Client --> Squid Proxy A -->Squid Proxy B --> Destination apps

The above is such that client cannot communicate with Squid Proxy B and need
to use Squid Proxy A to relay access of Destination apps thru' Squid Proxy
B.

On Squid Proxy A, I have implemented Custom LogFormat and the response time
(ie. %tr) showed a value of 3562. On Squid Proxy B, I have native log and
the duration showed a value of 3550. The 2 values are based on client
accessing the same object passing thru' Squid Proxy A to Squid Proxy B and
then to Destination apps.

I would like to know the following:

1. whether the duration field in navtive log has the same meaning as
response time in Custom LogFormat???

2. based on the above setup, the response time in Custom LogFormat is the
response time from where to where (ie. from Squid Proxy A to Squid Proxy B,
from Squid Proxy A to Squid Proxy B to Destination apps)???

3. based on the above setup, the duration in native log is the duration
from where to where (ie. from Squid Proxy A to Squid Proxy B, from Squid
Proxy B to Destination apps)???

Thank you.