Re: [squid-users] Squid Transparent mode amd delay pools on FreeBSD 5.4

From: Abu Khaled <khaled.abu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:56:47 +0300

On 5/26/05, Abu Khaled <khaled.abu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/26/05, Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 May 2005, Abu Khaled wrote:
> >
> > > When using IE 6.0 on XP to download a file by right clicking on it and
> > > selecting save the delay pools kick in and every thing is in order.
> > > Now while the first download is working under the effect of the delay
> > > pools, I right click on the same link again and save it to the same
> > > location. At this point the delay pools are still in affect. If I
> > > cancel the first download, the second one which is allready running
> > > escapes the dealy pools and downloads with maximum bandwidth speed.
> >
> > Which version of Squid?
> >

> squid-2.5.STABLE10 and I had the same problem with STABLE9.
> I run Squid in "Transparent Proxy" mode on FreeBSD 5.4. I am not sure
> if the problem also applies to normal mode since I always used Squid
> in "Transparent Proxy" mode.
>
> Off Topic: Why is everyone calling it "Intercepting Proxy" ?!

I found this in the FAQ's
"delay pools are incompatible with slow aborts; quick abort should be
set fairly low to prevent objects being retrived at full speed once
there are no clients requesting them (as the traffic allocation is
based on the current clients, and when there are no clients attached
to the object there is no way to determine the traffic allocation)".

Is it somehow releated to this and how can I deal with it?

--
Kind regards
Abu Khaled