Re: [squid-users] Permission denied on squidguard

From: PF <pf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 21:13:23 +0530 (IST)

> "squidrunner support" wrote:
>
>> What is your cache_effective_user and
>> cache_effective_group in squid.conf configuration?
>
> ..in the squid.conf I have the default parameter, therefore :
>
> # cache_effective_user squid
> # cache_effective_group squid

Hello,

Are all the squidGuard files including the log directory, squidGuard.conf
and the blacklist files owned by the user squid? If you've used the
defaults to install squidGuard, it would have got installed at
/local/squidGuard

chown squid:squid -R /local/squidGuard

And then reload squid

That should do it

--
The future is uncertain and the end is always near