Re: [squid-users] XML-RPC

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 18:58:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 May 2005, Charl Papenfus wrote:

> I can see the request coming in on access.log,
>
> 116951083.473 29883 192.168.0.82 TCP_MISS/407 1764 POST
> http://xmlrpc.wordtracker.com/ - NONE/- text/html

This is "authenticatin required by proxy".

Btw, which Squid version is this, and what authentication scheme are you
using? I would expect that to be a TCP_DENIED, not a TCP_MISS...

> but nothing seems to get back through to the programmer's machine on the
> lan.

Most likely it does, but his www library does not indicate "authentication
required" errors in a sane manner.

> If we try it without using the proxy, thus via gateway (with nat) it works.

Yes, obviously, as you then do not have a proxy requiring authentication
in the middle.

> If we connect to the site with a normal browser through proxy we do get
> there as well.

Most browsers know how to authenticate proper.