[squid-users] content mixed up.

From: Victor Tsang <htsang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:35:24 +0800

Please forgive me if this question has been asked/reported before, I
couldn't find anything on the list or faq that suggest a solution.

I have just been asked by the our designer of a strange problem he
observed. While he was working on some new template on 2 of our
testing site, he notices that after he shift-reload a certain static
html on one of the site (let's call it site A), if he is to open the
same url in the second site (Site B), which of course has some
different content, he would landed getting content of the same URL in
site A.

To demonstrate the problem, I have prepared the following url.

Site A - http://mymail.kafai-green-v1.sme.outblaze.com/test.htm
Site B - http://mymail.kafai-blue-v1.sme.outblaze.com/test.htm

Step 1) Open 2 browser instant (or 2 tab) bring each url up.
 Note : Site A should give you the word 'green' while site B give you
the word 'blue'
Step 2) shift-reload site A, then go to site B and reload (without shift).

From what I see here I landed with the word 'green' show up on Site B.

(Note, if you can not replicate the problem with a browser, try these
telnet command)

Step 1 -
telnet mymail.kafai-green-v1.sme.outblaze.com 80
GET /test.htm HTTP/1.0
Host: mail.kafai-green-v1.sme.outblaze.com
Pragma: no-cache

telnet mymail.kafai-blue-v1.sme.outblaze.com 80
GET /test.htm HTTP/1.0
Host: mail.kafai-blue-v1.sme.outblaze.com
Pragma: no-cache

(you should see the word green as html body for the first site and
blue for the second site)

Step 2 -
telnet mymail.kafai-green-v1.sme.outblaze.com 80
GET /test.htm HTTP/1.0
Host: mail.kafai-green-v1.sme.outblaze.com
Pragma: no-cache

telnet mymail.kafai-blue-v1.sme.outblaze.com 80
GET /test.htm HTTP/1.0
Host: mail.kafai-blue-v1.sme.outblaze.com

You should see 'green' after completing these 2 command.

btw, the problem wouldn't work the other way around, I mean, if you
load site B (Blue one) before Site A (green one) the problem wouldn't
shows up.
I'm running squid as http accelator in front of a apache installed in
localhost, the 2 hosts are different vhost with different document
root. I have upgraded squid to stable 10 yesterday and am still
seeing this issue. Disabling squid would solve the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tor.