[squid-users] Content Filtering Solutions

From: Mark Maxey <mmaxey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:19:18 -0400

I work in the security assessment field and currently utilize Websense for content monitoring. My
license for websense will be up in a month and would like to replace it with an open source solution.

Are there any open source solutions that will allow me to use a spanned (mirrored) port on a switch
to monitor traffic, specifically web traffic and match that traffic against a blacklist, such as
urlblacklist.com's list. I just want to monitor the traffic and be able to provide a report based on
what users within an organization are looking at by passively sniffic the traffic on the spanned port.

I know this isn't directly related to squid, but I would like to then recommend squid/dansguardian
to be used for content filtering in some cases.

Any ideas?