Re: [squid-users] show ips going outside squid

From: Ronny <ronny@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 13:37:47 +0300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Thu, 26 May 2005, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>
>> I'm afraid there's nothing like reverse intercepting proxy although it's
>> possible to do it. Maybe some hardware proxying solutions...
>

> There is the TPROXY patch for Linux.
>
> Another option is tcp_outgoing_address combined with NAT outside the
> proxy. Set up one private tcp_outgoing_address per client IP and then
> NAT these to the real client IP before the traffic leaves your network.

[So is patching with the tproxy patch one of the options or both
combined with the tcp_outgoing_address?]

> Both has very strict requirements on your networking setup as all
> return traffic must go via the proxy even if the destination IP is the
> client IP.

[You are right all traffic passes through the proxy.Is it okay if I do
the NATING on the same box as squid or some other box has tobe setup?
You will excuse me for insisting I can't stop usind squid just beacuse
of some sites blocking my squid box next time I rather they block a
particular host or network.Please advise.
Thanks
Ronny]

> Regards
> Henrik

  / ''We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are''\